Deciding to invite kids to your wedding is a personal preference and one that is completely up to you and your fiance. If you do invite kids to the wedding, you will need to keep in mind that the day can be long and overwhelming for all kids, but don’t stress! If you know that your wedding will have a lot of children, we have some ideas to help – because it’s better to have fun than a meltdown.
- Provide coloring & writing tools, cups of crayons & white paper
- Provide fun props for on the dance floor, such as pretend microphones, glow sticks or fun hats/glasses
- Give them small gift bags with bubbles, treats, a slinky, games, etc.
- Have exclusive kid friendly, healthy snacks for them to munch on all night
- If your venue will allow it, make a game room or a craft room
- Make an exclusive Kids Only table equipped with puzzles
- If your venue is outdoors have garden games for the kids
- Give them disposable cameras & a list of things to photograph before the wedding is over
- Provide a kids photo-booth
- An ice cream cart – something both adults and children will like
With these ideas, you can keep your wedding running smoothly and also have loads of fun for you, your guests and the kids!
Photo provided by DeJong Photography